Grammar clinic: les Si clauses
Approx $114.90 USD
Thu 14 Jan | For levels A1.2 - B1
At St Kilda | 10.00am to 4.00pm
If-then clauses, also known as si clauses, conditionals, or conditional sentences, are sentences with one clause stating a condition or possibility, and a second clause naming a result which is dependent upon that condition.
There are different types of si clauses, involving various tenses in French: present, imparfait, plus-que-parfait, conditionnel present.. This crash course will get your logics working!
Le programme de la journee:
In the morning, the teacher will compare both English and French grammar to give you a better understanding of grammar concepts that are often difficult to apprehend. You will be able to review how complex sentences are formed in both languages thanks to the teacher's explanations, observing texts and sentences and completing various exercises.
In the afternoon, various speaking activities will take place to allow you put your skills in practice: conversation, games, jeux de roles, etc.
- It is important all participants have completed Independent B1.1 level and/or are already familiar with les structures en Si.
- Course material will be provided, including a notebook from Alliance Francaise de Melbourne. Just bring a pen!
- Lunch is included and served from 12.30pm until 1.30pm in the cafeteria.
- Menu: a quiche (vegetarian option available) with salad, cheese, bread and fruits. One glass of wine, one tea or one cafe will be offered to all participants.
- Any specific dietary requirements? Please let us know at the time of booking!
- 4 participants minimum required to run the course.
Bookings are essential. Enrolments are open until Monday 11th January.