Improve your students’ learning outcomes through stimulating and engaging educational experiences! The Alliance Française de Melbourne offers a variety of film and language workshops to support students and their teachers in primary and secondary schools.
Our school programs are designed based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) and tailored to the Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS) and the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) to benefit both students and their teachers.They are taught by our dynamic team of qualified French teachers and will both enhance the student’s language skills as well as add a special multicultural element to their education. Students are immersed in the French language with our workshops since they are all oriented towards conversation and conducted (almost) entirely in French.
The workshops are designed to appeal to any class interested in French culture and language. Our workshops are tailored for different year levels, from Grade 5 to Year 12.
Workshops can be organised at your school or at our premises in St Kilda (AFM). If you decide to come to St Kilda, a yummy breakfast or lunch can also be included. If you would prefer that we come to your premises, travel fees will apply.
Depending on our schedule, we can organise the workshop anytime you like throughout the week (Monday-Friday). We usually recommend a Friday as we have no other courses on that day, which means that both our teachers and classrooms are more available then.
- Fully qualified native French-speaking teachers for a learning experience in total immersion;
- Flexible scheduling;
- Highest quality educational standards and up-to-date methodology;
- Competitive pricing;
- The opportunity for schools who are interested to become a member and gain access to cultural programs, special events and Melbourne’s largest French-language library. For more information about school memberships, please click here.
Fees for a 2-hour workshop:
|Number of students||Price per student|
|10 or less||$16|
|From 11 to 16||$18|
|17 or more||$20|
Special offer! The more the merrier: one student free in each group of 10 students! Does not apply to breakfast and lunch fees.
Fees for optional food options (when the workshop is organized at AFM):
|Optional breakfast||extra $10 per student|
|Optional buffet-lunch||extra $15 per student|
Travel fees (when the workshop is organised at your premises):
|Your school is situated...||Travel fee|
|under 5 km of AFM St Kilda||$8|
|from 6 to 10 km of AFM St Kilda||$16|
|from 11 to 15 km of AFM St Kilda||$24|
|from 16 to 20 km of AFM St Kilda||$32|
|from 21 to 25 km of AFM St Kilda||$40|
|from 26 to 30 km of AFM St Kilda||$48|
- School program cancellations must addressed in writing to the school program coordinator.
- If you cancel more than 7 days prior, a 20% administration fee applies.
- If you cancel less than 7 days prior, the full original booking fee applies.
- Teachers are free of charge.
- For workshops organised at your premises, please note that a minimum of 6 students apply.
- 3-hour workshops can be organized upon consultation with the school program coordinator.
- Please make sure to read our Information letter to teachers before booking a school workshop: it contains useful information about preparation for the workshop, behaviour of students and role of teachers. Merci!
For more information and for bookings, please contact school program coordinator Isabelle Le Bouder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like...
Jazzy Jeudi - Bob Sedergreen & friends
On Thursday 19 October, 7.30pm.
Join us for a night of smooth, carefree jazz with piano legend Bob Sedergreen & friends.
Jazzy Jeudi - Duo Philippe Guidat Pascal Rollando
Thursday 9 November at 8pm.
The guitarist Philippe Guidat and the percussionist Pascal Rollando want to reconnect with the natural acoustic characteristics of their instruments.
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!