Terms & conditions
By purchasing a private tuition at the Alliance Française de Melbourne (“AFM”), you are agreeing to abide by the policies, procedures and regulations of the AFM. This includes agreement with the following terms. You are also providing confirmation that the information given on enrolment is complete and correct.
Private tuition can be organised:
At the head office at 51 Grey st, St Kilda:
- Between 10am and 7pm Monday to Thursday
- Between 10am and 6pm on Friday
- Between 9am and 5.30pm on Saturday
At the CBD campus at 55 Swanston st:
- Between 10am and 7pm Monday to Friday
- Between 10am and 5pm on Friday and Saturday
- At your home at your convenience (incur a travel fee)
Important information prior purchasing private tuition:
- Schedules and requests are subject to classroom and teacher availabilities.
- The minimum lesson time is 2 hours.
- No lesson can be held outside the AFM trading hours or on public holidays.
- Private tuition that takes place in your home will incur a fee for travel expenses calculated at a rate of $0.8/km from the AFM head office in St Kilda.
- Lessons must be organised within a maximum radius of 25km from the AFM head office in St Kilda.
- The private tuition coordinator works part-time and will try her best to provide a teacher within 12 working days of request.
- If your timetable and availabilities change within the initial 12 working days following your request, AFM requires a further 12 working days to match students to a teacher after being informed of the change.
- You may need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Conditions of purchase:
- Private tuition can be purchased over the phone on 9525 3463 with VISA or MASTERCARD and in person, at our front desk in St Kilda or at the CBD campus.
- The payment is required 48 hours before the first lesson or the renewal of a package.
- All private tuition purchase is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- No lesson will be confirmed if the payment is not received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time.
Cancellations and changes:
- Failure to notify the AFM of a lesson cancellation prior to 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will result in the full fee being charged for the lesson.
- All notification must be advised FIRST BY PHONE on 9525 3463 THEN BY E-MAIL sent to the private tuition coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations on behalf of minors must be made by their parent/s or guardian/s.
- All communication regarding changes or cancellation must be advised FIRST BY PHONE on 9525 3463 THEN BY E-MAIL sent to the private tuition coordinator: email@example.com
- For semi-private tuition shared amongst multiple students, no split of credit will be possible once the tuition has been organised and paid for.
- The AFM will not be held responsible for students’ changes in work commitments or personal circumstances when one student cannot attend the group tuition.
- All refund incur a $50-administration fee.
- If you arrive after the scheduled start of the lesson, the tuition will not be extended and no refund or pro-rata will be organised.
- Similarly, the AFM cannot be held responsible for any difficulties that prevent you from arriving you to arrive on time for a lesson that are not directly within your control e.g. changes in work or personal circumstances or if the weather or traffic is bad.
- When a lesson is missed for medical reasons and supporting documentation is provided, a partial credit note may be organised at the discretion of the AFM teachers and on request. All applications for a credit note or refund must be addressed to the Management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation by the AFM:
You may also like...
Term 2 French courses starting now!!
18 April to 27 June 2018
10-week French courses for adults, high school students and children.
In St Kilda and in the CBD.
18 April - 16 May 2018
An exhibition by French artist François Réau
Eildon Gallery, Alliance Française de Melbourne
Discussing Simone de Beauvoir
Mon 7 May 2018
A discussion with actor Jillian Murray and director Suzanne Chaundry about French feminist Simone de Beauvoir.
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!