Online Lessons Terms & Conditions
By purchasing online private lessons at the Alliance Française de Melbourne (“AFM”), you are agreeing to abide by the policies, procedures and regulations of the AFM. This includes agreement with the following terms. You are also providing confirmation that the information given on enrolment is complete and correct.
- The AFM will try its best to provide a tutor within 12 working days of request.
- If your timetable and availabilities change within the initial 12 working days following a request, a tutor will be provided 12 working days after the AFM has been informed of such change.
- It is then your responsibility to organise your timetable and schedule each lesson in agreement with your tutor.
- All communication regarding the course schedule, lessons and program must be made directly with your tutor.
- You will be based in Melbourne, but the tutor may not be. Be aware that their time zone may differ when you request a lesson. Ensure that you and your tutor are connected at the correct time and on the correct day.
- You may need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Equipment and Logistics:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you have a working high-speed internet connection, headset and microphone for the lessons. If there are technical problems on your side during the lesson, the lesson will be re-organised, in agreement with the tutor.
- All distance tuition lessons will take place online via a free web and video conferencing program: AnyMeeting.
- AnyMeeting does not require you to install the program on your computer.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is regularly updated and allows plug-ins if need be.
- Your tutor will set a meeting for each lesson including the time and the day agreed with you. When you receive your invite by e-mail, click on the link provided to attend the lesson at the time and the day agreed with your tutor.
- You can obtain more information about the program AnyMeeting online: https://www.anymeeting.com/
Conditions of purchase:
- Purchases must be made directly through the AFM office.
- Payment is required in full before the student is appointed a tutor and before the very first lesson takes place.
- When renewing a package, full payment is due before the first lesson is organised and confirmed.
General cancellation policy:
- Each lesson schedule will be organised and agreed upon directly between you and your tutor.
- It will be your responsibility to log in and start the lesson on time.
- To cancel a lesson, you must communicate directly by e-mail with your tutor. Your tutor is also required to communicate directly by e-mail with you.
- When a lesson is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice for medical reasons, the lesson may be re-arranged at your earliest convenience in agreement with your tutor.
- When a lesson is cancelled without notice or no valid reason, the lesson may be deducted from the initial package. It is up to you to communicate with your tutor.
Cancellations for unforeseen circumstances:
“Unforeseen circumstances” refer to:
- Extremely bad audio quality
- Disruption of the internet on either side
- Disruption of the support software service
- Any other situation that require immediate and urgent attention: accidents, emergencies, etc.
When a lesson is interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances, the class will be rescheduled at a more convenient time as agreed between you and your tutor. No additional time can be supplied.
Cancellation by your tutor:
In the event of your tutor experiencing problems at the time of a scheduled lesson and we are unable to provide our regular services, we will arrange for another lesson at the earliest convenience for both student and teacher. Alternately, AFM will charge accordingly and organise a credit note for future lessons.Credit notes and refunds:
Credit notes and refunds can be granted at the discretion of the AFM and your tutor when:
- A lesson is interrupted and cannot resume due to unforeseen circumstances as described in the clause above.
- A lesson is interrupted and cannot resume due to medical reasons and a medical certificate is provided.
All applications for a credit note or refund must be sent via e-mail to the Head of Education at
Protecting your privacy and personal information is important to AFM. It is, however, important for AFM to collect certain personal information from you in order that we can offer you effective and efficient service.
We will only collect information from you with your knowledge and consent; only use personal information provided by you for the purpose/s for which it was collected, not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent, ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to other institutions except if required by law or other regulation, and remove your personal information from our system when it is no longer required.
You can gain access to the personal information we have about you, and provide any necessary corrections by calling us on (03) 9525 3463.
AFM makes every effort to ensure that course information supplied is correct at all times. It reserves the right to change the location of private tuition sessions, fees and tutors when necessary. All attempts will be made to notify enrolled students of changes.
You may also like...
Jazzy Jeudi - Bob Sedergreen & friends
On Thursday 19 October, 7.30pm.
Join us for a night of smooth, carefree jazz with piano legend Bob Sedergreen & friends.
Jazzy Jeudi - Duo Philippe Guidat Pascal Rollando
Thursday 9 November at 8pm.
The guitarist Philippe Guidat and the percussionist Pascal Rollando want to reconnect with the natural acoustic characteristics of their instruments.
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!