2020 EUNIC #literallyEurope Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. EUNIC AUSTRALIA (“EUNIC AUST”) is conducting a competition called the “#literallyEurope Competition” (“Competition”) .
2. These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
3. The Competition is open from 9am on Thursday, 27 August 2020 until 5pm of Saturday, 26 September 2020 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. EUNIC AUST reserves the right to extend the Competition Period in its sole discretion.
4. The Competition is open to all Australian Residents over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Australia based organisations of the EUNIC AUSTRALIA CLUSTER and their associated companies and agencies in Australia.
5. Entrants must:
- Read the Terms and Conditions published on http://bit.ly/literallyeurope-tc ;
- Choose a saying in one of the 24 official EU languages. For a complete list refer to this website: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/eu-languages_en ;
- Take a photo which illustrates the saying in a visual way;
- Publish the photo on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #literallyEurope and tag @eulanguagesaus.
Indicate the following three elements :
- the saying in the original language - e.g. C’est la vie
- the literal translation of the saying - e.g. Such is life.
- the meaning in the English language - e.g. Some things are beyond our control.
- The saying can be visible on the photo or in the accompanying text.
6. Entry into the Competition is free.
7. Entrants may enter the Competition no more than once per day (maximum number of entries is 30).
8. Any entries deemed by EUNIC AUST to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
9. By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to EUNIC AUST that:
- they have read the terms and conditions (b) all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
- the entrant has obtained consent from any person in their entry to use their image for this Competition;
their entry, and EUNIC AUST’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
10. Each entrant grants to EUNIC AUST a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on EUNIC AUST’s social media accounts, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for EUNIC AUST’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
11. The Competition is a game of skill. EUNIC AUST will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select winners based on the ability to most accurately illustrate the European saying in photographic form in an original style (“Prize Winners”). This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
12. EUNIC AUST will select up to 20 (twenty) prize winners to win a prize.
13. The prizes are as follows:
- First prize consists of a Leitner Libelle step-through 20" folding ebike in RED color with 10Ah battery worth AU$1245;
- Second prize is a voucher for one term of language courses for the winner and a friend (the winner will choose between one of the four languages: Italian, French, Spanish or German with an estimated value of AU$800), a Chocolate Grand Hamper from Cacao worth AU$99, a AU$50 beauty hamper from French Beauty Co and a AU$30 voucher from Blue Illusion;
- Third prize consists of a Picnic Hamper from Cerbacco/Spirits of France worth AU$150; a AU$50 book voucher to be redeemed from Dymocks Australia, a AU$50 beauty hamper from French Beauty Co and a AU$30 voucher from Blue Illusion.
- Spot prizes will be announced during the running of the competition and include: 9 x AU$50 Dymocks Book vouchers, 3 x AU$50 beauty hampers from French Beauty; 1 x AU$50 voucher from France at Home; 3 x AU$30 vouchers from Blue Illusion, 3 x Lomography Lomo' Instant Cameras worth AU$129.
14. The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
15. The Prize Winners will be notified within 7 (seven) days after the end of the Competition Period via Facebook and/or Instagram. Prize Winners will also be published on EUNIC AUST’s website and social media accounts for 30 days following the closing of the competition.
16. The decisions of EUNIC AUST regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, EUNIC AUST reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
17. If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or EUNIC AUST’s ability to deliver a prize, EUNIC AUST may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
18. EUNIC AUST may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media account on which the entry is posted.
19. Each entrant consents to EUNIC AUST using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry for the purposes of the
Competition and for EUNIC AUST’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
21. EUNIC AUST accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
22. To the extent permitted by law, EUNIC AUST will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
23. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at EUNIC AUST’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
24. Each entrant releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition
You may also like...
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!