Jobs of the world
JOBS OF THE WORLD (MÉTIERS DU MONDE)
FONDATION ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE’S
2012 PHOTO COMPETITION WINNERS
02 September to 05 October 2014
Featuring the work of the Alliance Française de Melbourne’s winner:
Aiden Eric Morse
Each year since 2010, the Fondation Alliance Française organises a photo competition open to the Alliances Françaises worldwide network, in partnership with the magazine Courrier International. This competition aims to put forward the richness and the plurality of the network of the 835 Alliances Françaises around the world and gives an opportunity for amateur photographers to benefit from a great visibility through two exhibitions in Paris as well as an international tour.
All of the Alliances Françaises were invited to participate by organising a local competition in their country/city, leading to the selection of one laureate per Alliance Française. The selected photos were then entered into a final jury panel put together by the Fondation Alliance Française in Paris, which comprised of: the jury president, Françoise Huguier (photographer, Agence Vu), Jean-Claude Jacq (Secretary-General of the Fondation Alliance Française), Jean-Yves Langlais (Managing Director of the Cité internationale des Arts), Pascal Philippe (Head of the photo and illustration services of the Courrier International), Agnès Grégoire (Chief Editor of Photo magazine) and Anne de la Roussière (Director of Arcturus gallery).
For this 3rd edition, the theme of “Jobs of the world” was honoured. The amateur photographers had for their mission to show men and women in the extraordinary diversity of jobs across the world, in the beauty or in the harshness of their daily occupations.
167 Alliances Françaises from 74 countries and 5 continents participated and sent in the two photos of their local winner. The official jury met in Paris in February last year to deliberate and select 25 laureates.
The 44 selected photos were then presented at a group exhibition at the Paris Cité International des Arts from 12 to 29 June and from 10 to 31 July at the Fondation’s gallery before they were sent to Alliances around the world.
This photo coverage is the opportunity for all to discover unusual jobs linked to local traditions and to look at their evolution.
The first-prize winner, Xiaogang Ning selected by the Alliance Française of Shanghai China won a one-week trip to Paris and a solo exhibition at the Arcturus gallery in Paris from 17 to 28 September 2013.
The best 5 photographers received a one-year subscription to Photo magazine:
- Xiaogang Ning – AF de Shanghai (China), 1st Prize
- Swarat Ghosh - AF d’Hyderabad (Indian)
- Samuel Breuil - AF de Saint Domingue (Dominican Republic)
- Wuttiphat Phongphaew – AF de Bangkok (Thailand)
- Jimmy Lava – AF de Port Vila (Vanuatu)
The other 20 finalists were:
- Aiden Eric Morse – AF Melbourne (Australia)
- Izzat Mukarker – AF de Bethléem (Palestinian Territories)
- William Fernando Aparicio Camacho – AF Bogota (Colombia)
- Romulo Avendano – AF Caracas (Venezuela)
- Irina Leshkova – AF Irkoutsk (Russia)
- Gabriel Barcelo Gracia – AF La Paz (Bolivia)
- Maria Adelaida Soumoulou – AF La Plata (Argentina)
- Jack Caballero – AF Lima (Peru)
- Carmen Trabado Delgado – AF Madrid (Spain)
- Carlos Omar Rosas Garcia – AF Mexico (Mexico)
- Anirudha Chakraborty – AF Minneapolis St Paul (USA)
- Alain Deflesselles – AF Nankin (China)
- Francesco Bracci – AF San José (Costa Rica)
- Ricardo Osinaga – AF Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia)
- Ben Cooke – AF Brisbane (Australia) 1 photo selected only
- Zhan Youbing – AF Hangzhou (China) 1 photo selected only
- Ajit Bhadoriya – AF Bombay (India) 1 photo selected only
- Umberto Casoli – AF Carrara (Italy) 1 photo selected only
- Véronique Chapuy Palacios – AF Monterrey (Mexico) 1 photo selected only
- Raquel Codas – AF Asuncion (Paraguay) 1 photo selected only
You may also like...
Jazzy Jeudi - Duo Philippe Guidat Pascal Rollando
Thursday 9 November at 8pm.
The guitarist Philippe Guidat and the percussionist Pascal Rollando want to reconnect with the natural acoustic characteristics of their instruments.
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!