ORAL POETRY RECITAL YEARS 3 TO 10
Students recite one poem from a choice of four for their Year level.
The poems MUST be learnt off by heart .
The title of the poem and the name of the poet must be cited.
The poem recited MUST be exactly as cited on the Alliance Française de Melbourne website.
WRITTEN TEST YEARS 9 AND 10
|Total Duration||45 minutes ( including 5 minutes reading time)|
|Listening and responding in English ( 15 marks) |
2 spoken texts
|Reading and responding in English (15 marks) |
2 texts totalling a maximum of 250 words.
|Multiple choice section in French (10 marks)|
ORAL TEST YEARS 11 AND 12
Performance – 9 minutes total composing TWO parts.
1. General Conversation – 4 minutes
Based on the 5 VCE topics: various everyday topics such as school, leisure, family, work and future aspirations.
2. Either recitation of poem or presentation of a theme or a photograph - 5 minutes
- The candidate is to recite one poem of appropriate year level from the AFM selection and answer questions related to the poem and the poet.
- The candidate announces the topic/theme chosen for detailed study and, in one minute, briefly introduces (with or without notes) the main focus of their study; including (if any) resources or objects brought to support the discussion. The assessor then asks questions related to this topic. The focus of the discussion is to explore aspects of the language. The student may support the discussion with objects such as photographs, diagrams, and maps.
- The candidate chooses and prepares one of the 5 photos supplied by the AFM. On the day of the examination, the candidate will give (with or without notes) a brief presentation (1 minute maximum) of their chosen photo by describing it and will answer questions (4 minutes) related to the chosen topic.
WRITTEN TEST YEARS 11 AND 12
135 minutes (including 15 minutes reading time)
Writing in French(15 marks)
You may also like...
Jazzy Jeudi - Leïla Négrau
The first Jazzy Jeudi of 2018 with singer-percussionist Leïla Négrau from the Réunion Island. Thu 1st Feb 2018
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!