We are currently
looking for a Administrative assistant and Private Tuition officer to join our team.
The position of Administrative assistant and Private Tuition officer manages the Private Tuition
process and is administration support to the Education team. Whilst reporting into the Director of Studies due to the responsibilities of
the role it partners with all other team members within AFM.
The position is demanding and requires excellent organisational and communication skills, initiative,
efficiency, even-temperament and a commitment to the aims and purpose of our organisation.
This is a full time position 38 hours a week permanent and maybe required to work at multiple locations
of the AFM.
Primary and Key Responsibilities:
Work in close cooperation with the Director of Studies to schedule and organize classes, allocate
classrooms and proceed with cancellations/transfers of classes in the CMS software.
Manage Private Tuition process including; new requests, matching students with tutors, invoicing,
managing rescheduling including all correspondence between parties. Create PT packages in Oncord and manage accordingly.
Enter all the classes and educational events on the Alliance Francaise’s software “Oncord”,
- Monitor and report on enrolments.
Work with the Education Co-ordinator to assist with the DELF/DALF and other national French
Manage correspondence and communicate directly with students (curated content, special arrangements,
cultural news, course options, etc)
Liaise with schools regarding queries on immersion days, school programs, teachers’ professional
development, and assist with the school bookings.
Work with Event Manager to coordinate the school screenings for the French Film Festival.
Assure clear and concise communication with students, staff and tutors via email, telephone and face to
Adhere to company policies and procedures in the provision of student services and day to day
Work with Reception, Pedagogy and the Operation Manager to ensure that Terms and conditions are upheld.
- Assist with Education department secretarial duties;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Participate in promotional events at AFM and off site.
Qualifications and Experience
Relevant tertiary qualification or work experience in a related field (Customer Service is preferred);
- Native English Speaker with proficient level of English;
- Demonstrated knowledge of or interest in French language and culture;
- Speaking French would be highly regarded;
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and strong word processes skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a thorough concise approach to work;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
Flexible team player and a can-do attitude, respectful of others and willing to support colleagues in
- Must have been doubled vaccinated and either had or about to have booster shot;
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia. permanently.
Important Information - Quality, Safety and Improvement
Act in accordance and comply with all relevant Safety and Quality policies and procedures;
Participate in and contribute to quality improvement programs and commit to AFM Values;
Salary and Benefits
- General staff level 1.3 of Educational post secondary award
- $47,500 to $49,500 plus superannuation
- Salary dependent upon experience and qualifications
AFM supports equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace.
Applications close 19 January 2022