The Association of the Alliance Française of Victoria, founded in 1890, trades as the Alliance Française de Melbourne. Its aims and purposes are to promote French Language and Culture in Australia. The association has no political, religious or racial orientation, it is not-for-profit and of a benevolent nature. The organisation consists of a Board, a Director, a Deputy Director, Administrative and Teaching Staff, ordinary Members and Students. The Alliance Française de Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer.
Our well-established not for profit organisation is seeking a dynamic bookkeeper to join a supportive team. What is expected of you is to have strong bookkeeping experience and having a not for profit background would be advantageous. You will need to have an eye for detail and strong written and verbal communication skills. If this sounds like a role for you, please apply. Please note that to be considered for this role you should have Australian work rights.
- Process payroll, including all related administration such as leave records, tax and superannuation calculation and payment, payment summaries
- Maintain bookkeeping as well as accounts, systems and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate record keeping of all financial transactions
- End to end accounts payable and receivables
- Reconciliations of general ledger and balance sheet
- Assist with monthly reporting and processes
- Other duties directed by the Finance Operations Manager/General Manager
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Working knowledge of MYOB is essential
- Experience working in a not for profit or education sector is advantageous
- Good attention to detail
- Computer literacy with minimum intermediate level Excel and Word
- Ability to work collaborative in a team and also independently on finance tasks
- Interest in French language and culture is desirable.
- Ability to foster team work
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualification in bookkeeping/ business, accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a bookkeeper
- Strong all-round accounting experience
- Payroll experience
- Knowledge of CRM/database such as Synergy 8 is desirable
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:QUALITY, SAFETY AND IMPROVEMENT AFM
Employees are required to:
- Act in accordance and comply with all relevant Safety and Quality policies and procedures
- Participate in and contribute to quality improvement programs and commit to AFM Values
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria detailing why you are the ideal candidate to email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
Application closing date: Tuesday 14 January
Remuneration: Level 3 or 4 depending on skills and experience. Post- secondary education award applies.
Employement status: Permanent Part Time – 15- 20 Hours/Week (Flexible arrangements by agreement)
AFM supports equal opportunities and diversity on the workplace.
Alliance Française de Melbourne
51 Grey Street, St Kilda, VIC 3182
55 Swanston Street, VIC, 3000
You may also like...
AFM Update: COVID-19
Information regarding the response of the AFM to the current COVID-19 situation.
Thanks for sharing! / Merci pour le partage!