The Alliance Française de Melbourne is not only the first French language school in Victoria with a yearly intake of over 3,000 students, but it is also the sole French cultural centre in Victoria. As such, it enjoys the patronage and support of the French Embassy in Canberra. Thus, the Alliance Française de Melbourne is a unique resource for Victorian primary and secondary French teachers.
Besides teachers of French bearer of their school membership card gaining entry to all our activities (free movie-club, pre-Première film releases, exhibitions of photographs, discounts for special events such as the Beaujolais Nouveau Dégustation, the Bastille Day Ball, the French Film Festival), school members benefit of special advantages, including as far as borrowings from the library are concerned:
- Free CD recording of the Berthe Mouchette Competition’s poems;
- Borrowing of five books, including two books with red dots (reference books excepted) for a period of one month. A refundable caution of AUD50.00 applies when borrowing books with red dots such as art books;
- Borrowing of three CDs/Videos for a period of two weeks.
Special conditions for school members are as follow:
- The membership benefits are extended to any one teacher at a time of a school member once the teacher and the school have been recorded;
- School membership cards are not transferable and may not be used by others than a French teacher of that school;
- In case of loss, damage or theft, the school must make good the replacement of material at cost price.
For further information, please contact us on 9525 3463 or consult our Magazine, containing details of our upcoming events and interviews, published every three months and sent free of charge to members.