ORAL POETRY RECITAL YEARS 3 TO 10
Students recite one poem from a choice of four for their Year level.
The poems MUST be learnt off by heart .
The title of the poem and the name of the poet must be cited.
The poem recited MUST be exactly as cited on the Alliance Française de Melbourne website.
WRITTEN TEST YEARS 9 AND 10
|Total Duration||45 minutes ( including 5 minutes reading time)|
|Listening and responding in English ( 15 marks) |
2- 3 spoken texts
|Reading and responding in English (15 marks) |
2 -3 texts totalling a maximum of 175 words.
|Multiple choice section in French (10 marks)|
ORAL TEST YEARS 11 AND 12
Performance – 9 mins
1. General Conversation – 4 mins
Based on the 5 VCE topics: various everyday topics such as school, leisure, family, work and future aspirations.
2. Either recitation of poem or presentation of a theme: 5 mins
- The candidate is to recite poem;
- The candidate will answer questions related to the poem.
- The candidate will present (with or without notes) a brief exposé of 1 min maximum on a topic of his/her choice and will answer questions related to the chosen topic.
WRITTEN TEST YEARS 11 AND 12
135 minutes ( including 15 minutes reading time)
Writing in French(15 marks)